Terms and Conditions of Hire
At Ava’s Motorhome Hire we make every effort to make your Motorhome holiday as easy and carefree as possible, we must apply the following terms and conditions, in order to protect both the hirer and the company.
These terms and conditions should be agreed to and signed for prior to commencement of the hire.
- Be between the age of 25 and 75 years of age at the time of booking, and during the hire period. Up to 2 drivers may be named. (Subject to acceptance by insurer).
- Have held a driving licence for a minimum of 3 years with driving experience.
- Have licences free of driving offences/accidents except for minor speeding/parking offences. (subject to acceptance of insurer).
- Provide 2 other forms of ID:
- One MUST be a Utility Bill i.e:- Telephone bill (landline only), Gas/Electricity, Council tax bill
- The other should be proof of address i.e:- bank or credit card statement, credit card bill, council tax bill/statement and/or mortgage statement.
- Both of the above must be dated within the preceding three months of hire and address must match the same as Driving Licence and be up to date.
- Any failure to provide the above documents/details (or if there are any doubts regarding the identification or qualification to drive of the hirer/drivers whatsoever) then the hire will be refused and any deposits/payments made will be forfeited.
- Complete our Driver’s Declaration Form, and submit it to us within 24 hours of paying deposit. (Hirer’s with a UK licence must supply driving licence & national insurance numbers, to allow details to be accessed on the DVLA site).
- Complete Driving Licence Check on DVLA website and provide us with the code to complete the check.
- Declare anything that may affect the insurance of the vehicle. E.g. previous driving bans, health issues etc.
- Ensure that all passengers are wearing seatbelts where fitted, and where required by law.
The hirer, (you), will be liable for all expenses, fines, endorsements etc, incurred due to violation of traffic laws, regulations etc
2) BOOKING PROCEDURES
- Bookings can be made by telephone or email.
- Secure date payment must be received within 24 hours of confirmed booking.
- Confirmation of booking will be sent to you by e-mail with an invoice for hire charges.
- You will be required to complete a Drivers Declaration Form, and sign a copy of the Rental Agreement prior to commencement of the hire.
- Full Payment of Hire must be paid by bank transfer 7 days before the commencement of the hire. (Please note we do not accept cash payments).
- Comprehensive Insurance for the vehicle is included in the hire charge. This does not include internal fixtures, fittings and equipment, or any optional equipment that may have been added.
- It is the hirer’s (your), responsibility to provide full and accurate information on the Driver’s Declaration Form.
- In the event of the motor policy being invalidated because of non disclosure of relevant facts, the company (us), will hold the hirer( you) responsible all losses, fines and any other eventualities.
- The Motorhome is only insured for the hire period ie, agreed collection date & time and return date & time. If you are likely to be late in returning, you must contact us immediately by telephone, in order that we can make the necessary arrangements.
- The Motorhome is insured only within the United Kingdom
- Our Insurance company does not offer “waiver excess insurance” which mean that you are responsible for £500 excess in the event of any accident while driving the motorhome. What appears to be relatively minor damage on a Motorhome can cost a lot to replace or repair.
- You can purchase Motorhome hire excess insurance’ online daily or on an annual basis. (Just advise them that it is a Motorhome Hire and not a Car Hire) or you can pay “Ava’s Motorhome Hire” £50 and we will be responsible for the excess.
- A Vehicle Damage Excess (VDE) refundable deposit of £300, £100 from the VDE to secure dates shall be taken at time of booking (or within 24 hours), The VDE is to cover any damage or loss for any one incident or accident whilst the Motorhome is on hire to you and in your care. The VDE will be returned to you at the end of the hire, provided there is no damage, shortages or incurred surcharges and fines. This deposit is non-refundable in the event of cancellation.
- Driving the Motorhome after the expiry time of hire, may result in the driver committing a traffic offence and subsequently liable to prosecution under Road Traffic Acts. Furthermore the hirer, (you), will be responsible for any accidental damage, injury and consequential loss after the expiry of the hire period.
Items NOT COVERED under the insurance, and which are the SOLE RESPONSIBILITY of the hirer, (you), are:
- Windscreen and all other Windows/skylights
- Loss/damage/theft to the radio, stereo equipment and aerials
- Interior damage including: burns to seats, carpets, and other damage
- Vandalism and malicious damage of any kind to the vehicle.
- Personal effects within or from the vehicle
- Roof and overhead damage resulting from an incident or accident. Please note that roof and overhead damage is defined as that above 2 meters.
- All drivers must be aware of the height of the vehicle and are responsible for all damage if driven under an obstruction that is too low for it to clear. Example being low bridges, height restrictions barriers, trees, signs etc. In the event of such damage occurring, THE INSURANCE WILL NOT APPLY and the hirer (you) will be liable for the cost of all repairs, damages and subsequent losses.
4). COLLECTION AND RETURN
- Standard Times – The Motorhome is available for collection between 10 am and 4pm on the first day of hire and must be returned between 10 am and 4pm on the last day of the hire. Other arrangements can be made, but these must be agreed in advance, and are subject to availability of vehicle. (Please note the time you pick Motorhome up at is the drop off time, unless you pay the extra (£40) to extend the hours between 10.00 am and 4.00 pm).
- Failure to return the Motorhome within the agreed time on the last day of the hire shall incur a late return penalty of £40 per hour or part thereof, together with any other costs incurred.
- No refunds will be given if the Motorhome is returned early.
- Upon return of the Motorhome a representative of the company will check the vehicle for damage, cleanliness, shortages, fuel, tyres, washroom area, kitchen area, and any additional hired equipment.
- The hirer’s vehicle can be left at the Motorhome pick up point, and vehicles are left at the hirer’s risk, no liability will be attributable to the company for any loss or damage caused in your absence.
5). ACCIDENTS OR BREAKDOWNS
- Whilst we assure you that every effort is made to ensure that the Motorhome is in a safe and roadworthy condition prior to the period of hire, in the unlikely event of a breakdown, the vehicle is covered for roadside assistance, and recovery 24/7. If necessary, recovery will be back to the home address of the Motorhome.
- We will not be held responsible for any consequential expenses or loses, eg. hotel or transport costs, or any 3rd party claims or damages, subsequent to any breakdown of the Motorhome.
- Please note that where the company, incur costs through negligence on your part, any charges incurred by the company will be passed on to you. Incidents of negligence include, but are not limited to, incorrectly refuelling vehicle, locking the keys inside vehicle, losing keys.
6) DIESEL, FUEL AND CAMPING GAS
- A full tank of diesel will be provided with the vehicle at commencement of the hire. You are required to return with a full tank. Any shortage will be charged at a rate of £2.00 per litre.
- The hirer will be responsible for all associated costs of incorrectly refuelling the vehicle, eg fuelling with petrol instead of diesel.
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to check that the oil and water levels of the engine, and tyre pressures, are correct on a daily basis.
- 2 propane gas cylinders are provided, one full, and the other part full. In the unlikely event that both cylinders run out of gas, please replace one cylinder at a garage or campsite. (The same make/supplier of gas should be purchased – we will not reimburse the cost of a new cylinder).
7) ADDITIONAL CHARGES
- Our Motorhome and equipment are supplied in the best possible condition, and we ask that you maintain that standard and return the vehicle in a similar condition as received. Cleaning materials and equipment are supplied with the vehicle to facilitate this. Should the vehicle not be returned reasonably clean, we reserve the right to make charges. A full inventory is included in the information folder in the vehicle, including replacement costs.
- Cancellations must be in writing and are charged as follows:
- Less than 14 days prior to commencement of hire – loss of deposit & any monies paid.
- Loss of secure dates payment if cancelled at any time after securing dates.
- The company reserves the right to cancel the hire is at the commencement of the hire the drivers licence are invalid or do not meet out terms and conditions for hire. In these circumstances the total charge will be forfeited. Hirer’s are strongly advised to insure against any unavoidable cancellation.
- Smoking within the Motorhome is strictly forbidden.
- Failure to comply will result in a £300 charge.
- Dogs are allowed in our Roller Team and Peugeot Elddis Motorhome with prior consent and we would ask that you provide appropriate covers for the seats and ensure that the Motorhome is hoovered and cleaned before bringing back. If the Motorhome is not in acceptable conditions we have the right to charge £150 for a full valet of Motorhome. We do not allow dogs in our Swift and Orion Motorhome. (the full VDE will be taken if this is not adhered to).
- Every effort Will be made to ensure that the Motorhome is available. However, if due to circumstances beyond our control the vehicle is not available, we will in no way be held responsible and all monies paid to the company will be refunded except for the £100 to secure dates monies as this is non-refundable until the hire takes place. We offer our customers the option to reschedule at another date at no extra charge.
12) INTENDED METHOD OF PAYMENT
- Bank Transfer
- No Cash Payments
13) WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING ON THE DAY
- Valid Driving Licence
- 2 documents (one must be a utility bill) with proof of address dated within the preceding 3 months please see section 1
- Please note we require all of the paperwork or we will not be able to hire the Motorhome to you, and you will be liable for the cost of the hire.
We have endeavoured to include all that you may need within the price, so you do not have to keep adding the price of “extras”
Price includes the following:-
- unlimited mileage
- Comprehensive Insurance
- Breakdown & recovery cover
- 10% off camping fees with the Caravan & Camping Club
- 1 tank of propane gas
- TV/DVD Player with freeview
- Fire stick
- Sat Nav
- CCTV Dash Camera
- Bike rack for 4 bicycles
- Picnic table & chairs
- Fire extinguisher
- Gas hob lighter